The closest international airports are listed bellow, however the majority of international visitors arrives at the airport in Prague or in Vienna.
- Brno – Airport Tuřany (70 km)
- Ostrava – Leoš Janáček Airport in Mošnov (80 km)
- Katowice – Katowice-Pyrzowice (210 km)
- Bratislava – M. R. Štefánik Airport (210 km)
- Vienna – Vienna International Airport (260 km)
- Krakow – Kraków-Balice (265 km)
- Praha – Václav Havel Airport Ruzyně (280 km)
From Prague to Olomouc
The easiest way to get from the Václav Havel Airport Prague to the main train station (Praha, hlavní nádraží), is to take the Airport Express (AE) bus. It stops right in front of the arrival hall and terminates at the main train station. The ticket costs CZK 60 and it can be purchased from the bus driver. The timetable can be viewed here.
Trains are currently the fastest way to get to Olomouc from Prague, because of the ongoing reconstruction of the highway, busses could be quite delayed
There is an option to choose between the state-run České dráhy (Czech Railways), or private-run RegioJet and Leo Express. However, purchased ticked from one company cannot be used for trains owned by the other two. Price for one-way ticket varies, but it is usually around CZK 200. The journey from Prague to Olomouc takes approximately 2.5 hours (for the Express, IC, EC, and SC trains).
Tickets can be purchased online or at the train station.
Timetable and online booking:
From Vienna to Olomouc
There is a direct minibus connection by company Tiger Express, going from the Vienna Airport to Olomouc railway station three times a day for CZK 599. You can book your seat here.
You can also take the Student Agency coach, which goes from the Vienna Airport via Brno to Olomouc main train station (5 times daily). The ticket costs around CZK 425.
Tickets can be purchased here.
Getting to Palacký University, Faculty of Arts and the University Art Centre
The route from Olomouc Main Train Station or the Olomouc Bus Terminal to Palacký University Olomouc, Faculty of Arts , can be viewed here.
Travelling within Olomouc
There is a dense network of public transportation in Olomouc, which includes busses and trams. Timetable can be viewed here.
Ticket can be purchased from vending machines and newspaper stands. It costs CZK 14, and is valid for 40 minutes during weekdays and 60 minutes during weekends and holidays. Ticket can be also purchased from the bus/tram driver, but the price is CZK 20. There is also an option to buy one-day ticket for CZK 46.
Ticket can be purchased via mobile phone with Czech number, just by sending text “DPMO” to 902 06 (ticket is valid for 50 minutes and costs CZK 18 plus fee for service provider).
Dining in Olomouc
Dining options in Olomouc can be found here.
Below there is a list of recommended accommodation in Olomouc, divided into three groups regarding the quality of accommodation and prices. All the places are conveniently located near the city center and not far from the faculty building. Rates for single bedroom vary from about 15 EUR per night up to 150 EUR.
Room availability and rates can be checked here.
Luxury category (60 – 100 EUR)
- Hotel NH Congress**** 80€ – web; e-mail
- Hotel Trinity**** 75€ – web; e-mail
- Hotel Clarion**** 70€ – web; e-mail
- Hotel Arigone***/**** 70€ – web; e-mail
- Hotel Alley**** 57€ – web; e-mail
- Hotel Ibis*** 50€ – web; e-mail
Standard category (26 – 59 EUR)
- Pension Angelus 50€ – web; e-mail
- Pension Křivá**** 50€ – web; e-mail
- Hotel v Ráji**** 48€ – web; e-mail
- Pension na Hradě**** 45€ – web; e-mail
- Pension U Jakuba*** 45€ – web; e-mail
- Hotel Flóra***/**** 37€ – web; e-mail
- Pension Bellis 37€ – web; e-mail
Low budget (10 – 27 EUR)
- Cosy Corner Hostel 12-27€ – web
- Palacký University Dormitory 13€ – web
- Ubytovna Marie 10 – 15€ – web; e-mail
You can use this map to see the exact location of your hotel.
- University City